Freshers Reps 2017
City Students Union has a volunteering opportunity open to current City students, to become part of the Freshers Reps team for Welcome Week September 2017. Freshers Reps meet and greet new students, acting as a helpful contact, supervising events and doing marketing and promotion in halls and on campus
Freshers Reps Training – takes place on campus on Friday 22nd September during the day, with a social in the evening.
You need to attend this training to become an official Freshers Rep
Move In Weekend – Many students move into local Halls of Residence on the weekend of Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September.
Freshers Reps will do at least 1 Halls Meet & Greet shift
The Freshers Fair takes place on Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th September. Freshers Reps will do at least 1 Freshers Fair shift
Welcome Weeks (1&2) take place from Sunday 24th until Friday 6th October.
Freshers Reps will do 5 event shifts during this period
General Responsibilities of Freshers Reps
- Bringing the fun and a friendly face to every Welcome Week activity.
- Welcoming new students to City by providing information and a friendly face.
- Helping to run events, with a particular focus on welcoming new students.
- Helping to set up before and pack down after events.
Freshers Reps will need to display exemplary conduct at all times whilst on duty or wearing their Freshers Rep t-shirt, as they will be representing the Students’ Union.
Why be part of the Freshers Reps team?
- It’s great fun, an opportunity to enjoy Welcome Week again, and you’ll meet new people and be part of the most awesome student team on campus
- Be the first to know about City Students' union's Welcome Week events schedule
- You’ll gain experience in events management and marketing
- You can help to build new communities at City, and be at the centre of them.
- We think you’ll look great in your brand new Freshers Rep T-shirt!
- We’ll give you a Students’ Union Colours certificate at the end of the year to say thanks, and you’ll have opportunity to enrol in City Students’ Union’s Leadership Skills Award for 2017-18, so you can use your experience running Freshers events to gain an award and add to your CV
How do I become a Freshers Rep for Welcome Week 2017?
The deadline for the first wave of applications is Friday 30th June, 2017