Freshers Reps 2017
City Students Union has a volunteering opportunity open to current City students, to become part of the Freshers Reps team for Welcome Week September 2017. Freshers Reps meet and greet new students, acting as a helpful contact, supervising events and doing marketing and promotion in halls and on campus
Deadline for Freshers Reps applications (Wave 2) - 15th September 2017
Freshers Reps Training – takes place on campus on Friday 22nd September during the day, with a social in the evening.
You need to attend this training to become an official Freshers Rep
Move In Weekend – Many students move into local Halls of Residence on the weekend of Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th September.
Freshers Reps will do at least 1 Halls Meet & Greet shift
The Freshers Fair takes place on Tuesday 26th and Wednesday 27th September. Freshers Reps will do at least 1 Freshers Fair shift
Welcome Weeks (1&2) take place from Sunday 24th until Friday 6th October.
Freshers Reps will do 5 event shifts during this period
General Responsibilities of Freshers Reps
- Bringing the fun and a friendly face to every Welcome Week activity.
- Welcoming new students to City by providing information and a friendly face.
- Helping to run events, with a particular focus on welcoming new students.
- Helping to set up before and pack down after events.
Freshers Reps will need to display exemplary conduct at all times whilst on duty or wearing their Freshers Rep t-shirt, as they will be representing the Students’ Union.
Why be part of the Freshers Reps team?
- It’s great fun, an opportunity to enjoy Welcome Week again, and you’ll meet new people and be part of the most awesome student team on campus
- Be the first to know about City Students' union's Welcome Week events schedule
- You’ll gain experience in events management and marketing
- You can help to build new communities at City, and be at the centre of them.
- We think you’ll look great in your brand new Freshers Rep T-shirt!
- We’ll give you a Students’ Union Colours certificate at the end of the year to say thanks, and you’ll have opportunity to enrol in City Students’ Union’s Leadership Skills Award for 2017-18, so you can use your experience running Freshers events to gain an award and add to your CV
How do I become a Freshers Rep for Welcome Week 2017?
- Apply online: https://surveymonkey.co.uk/r/citysufreshersreps before 15th September
- We'll let you know by email during the Summer if you're successful
- Attend Freshers Reps Training on Friday 22nd September
- Volunteer at Welcome Week events!
Wave 1 Freshers Rep applications - NOW CLOSED
The deadline for the first wave of applications was Friday 30th June, 2017. First wave applicants will be informed if they have been successful by 13th July.
Wave 2 applications - Currently accepting new applications
The second wave of applications for Freshers Reps runs all summer and the deadline is Friday 15th September, 2017. On that date the survey link will close and there will be no more opportunity to become a Freshers Rep for this academic year.
Apply here: https://surveymonkey.co.uk/r/citysufreshersreps